Tuesday 29 September 2009

Research into CD covers

Slipknot - All Hope is Gone

This is a design that is quite similar to how I want my own CD cover to look, using photos from my filming to create a similar sort of scene, with my actor posing as the band members in over the top, theatrical poses amidst the wooded location my filming is going to be taking place in. It has a rustic look that I'd like to try and emulate and as well as the fact that all of the band members are disguised, in this case through masks, which is something I'm planning to try and use for my cover/video with my singer's face hidden by a balaclava.

Mortiis - The Smell of Rain




I also felt like this cover is one that I think my own cover could look like. It uses a number of distortions and effect to give it the appearance of looking very old and worn. One approach I've been thinking of applying to my cover has been a film grain effect to give it an extra sense of mood and atmosphere. One potential similar idea I could use is to have a photo of my singer lying down, injured, with his back up against a log, framed in a similar way to this cover, perhaps in a look of anguish or pain to further reflect the mood I would be trying to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment